Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis following a review process by our Board of Directors and Grants Committee. We will be adopting a new grantmaking cycle in 2022 that reflects the areas of our mission. This will allow us to look at one specific area and provide an educational big picture of the work that is being done in that area by our partners.
Please plan to apply in the quarter that best fits with your mission:
- First Quarter: Food provision and hunger elimination; assistance for our refugee and immigrant neighbors.
- Second Quarter: Housing and homeless services; Incarcerated or those who are re-entering society.
- Third Quarter: Mental/physical health programming; services for the disabled; addiction treatment and recovery.
- Fourth Quarter: Community Service Organizations that provide a variety of services and any other unique programs not specifically listed.
Applying For A Grant
- The first item needed for an application is a letter of intent (LOI) that explains how an identified community need will be met through the program for which funding is being requested.
- If your LOI is approved, you will be notified via email to continue your application in the same portal.
- Questions? Contact Peter Schindler, Senior Program Officer at 440-360-7215 or Marcus Madison, Program Officer, Lorain County at 440-360-7370.
Grant Funding to Non-profit Agencies
- Grant applications will be accepted only from organizations that are qualified as tax-exempt and charitable entities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Your work in the community must fall into one or more of the categories called out in the Gospel of Matthew 25:35-40 i.e. shelter, hunger, thirst, stranger, sick or prison.
- Funding will be limited to organizations located in Cleveland, Western Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties.
- We do not fund capital needs, endowments, grades K through 12 school programs or individuals.
- Letter of Intent deadlines:
- January 26
- April 27
- July 27
- October 19
- Application deadlines:
- February 9
- May 11
- August 10
- November 2
- Grants Committee review meetings:
- February 23
- May 25
- August 24
- November 16