Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis following a review process by our Board of Directors and Grants Committee.
Please plan to apply in the quarter that best fits with your mission:
- First Quarter: Food provision and hunger elimination; assistance for our refugee and immigrant neighbors.
- Second Quarter: Housing and homeless services; incarcerated or those who are re-entering society.
- Third Quarter: Mental/physical health programming; services for the disabled; addiction treatment and recovery.
- Fourth Quarter: Community service organizations that provide a variety of services and any other unique programs not specifically listed.
Applying For A Grant
- The first item needed for an application is a letter of inquiry (LOI) that explains how an identified community need will be met through the program for which funding is being requested.
- If your LOI is approved, you will be notified via email to continue your application in the same portal.
- Questions? Contact Peter Schindler, Senior Grantmaker, at 440-360-7215 or Maureen Stanton, Grantmaker, at 440-360-7351.
Grant Funding to Non-profit Agencies
- Grant applications will be accepted only from organizations that are qualified as tax-exempt and charitable entities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Your work in the community must fall into one or more of the categories called out in the Gospel of Matthew 25:35-40 i.e. shelter, hunger, thirst, stranger, sick or prison.
- Funding will be limited to organizations located in Cleveland, Western Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties.
- We do not fund capital needs, endowments, grades K through 12 school programs or individuals.
- Letter of Inquiry deadlines:
- January 25
- April 26
- July 26
- October 19
- Application deadlines:
- February 8
- May 11
- August 9
- November 1
- Grants Committee review meetings:
- February 22
- May 25
- August 23
- November 15