Help Your Neighbors In Need With SocksPLUS. When was the last time you were excited to receive socks? For thousands of Cleveland’s homeless, socks are a gift that’s never taken for granted. In fact, they are the item that's most requested by anyone living outside.
The needs are constant throughout the year. During the cold fall and winter months, socks, gloves, boots and warm clothing protect them from frostbite and hypothermia. In the spring, it's important to have water-resistant blankets and clothing to stay dry. In the summer, backpacks, bottled water, insect repellent and toiletries are in high demand.
Your donation can help with some basic necessities of this population. No matter what you give, your gift makes a difference.
- $10 can supply 10 pairs of Socks
- $30 can supply 10 pairs of SocksPLUS gloves and a hat, or bottled water and toiletries
- $40 can supply 10 pairs of SocksPLUS gloves and a hat and shoes, or a water-resistant mat
- $60 can supply 10 pairs of SocksPLUS gloves and a hat, shoes, and heavy-duty winter boots, or a sleeping bag that can be used throughout the year.
- $100 can supply a backpack filled with 10 pairs of SocksPLUS gloves and a hat, shoes and heavy winter boots, or essential clothing and supplies in the warmer months.
Donating to the campaign is an easy way to help people who are homeless throughout the year. And, when you give, you’ll receive regular updates of where your donations are going and how they’re helping.
Make a one-time, tax-deductible donation. Please select from the following options:
For other donations amounts, click here.
Recurring Online Donation:
Setup a monthly contribution for continued support throughout the year. Please select from the following options:
Donate By Mail
To mail your contribution, please send to:
c/o Community West Foundation
800 Sharon Dr., Suite C
Westlake, Ohio 44145
Donate In Person
The Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless (NEOCH) is collecting items for the homeless, which can be dropped off at 3631 Perkins Avenue, in Cleveland. NEOCH will distribute items directly to the city’s least fortunate residents. Remember, every little bit will go a long way towards helping someone survive.
Items Needed Include:
- New Socks
- RTA one-day bus tickets
- Hand sanitizer
- Water bottles
- Towels/hand wash cloths, tissues and baby wipes
- Back packs, sleeping bags and tents
- Insect repellent
Host An Event
Get your school, church or organization involved in the fundraising effort.
You can host a car wash, have a sock hop or start a collection box. Be creative!
Download this brochure for more ways to help.
Provide Ongoing Funding
Donors can also help provide ongoing support to organizations that address homelessness through their Donor Advised Fund. For more information, contact us at 440-360-7370. #SocksPLUS