About Common Threads:
Common Threads is an initiative of Building Hope in the City, a Cleveland faith-based non-profit organization with a mission to advance the good of the city, magnify the mission of Jesus, and unleash the capability of underestimated people. As a 100% local, 100% nonprofit thrift store, Common Threads has a unique model, where all sales from donated items directly benefit individuals and families right here in the Greater Cleveland community through the ministries of Building Hope in the City*. Twice voted Cleveland’s best thrift store and once voted first runner up since its opening in 2016, Common Threads gives witness to the power and excellence of Jesus and his people in the marketplace. Common Threads has an efficient and smart process for doing the most good with each and every donation. They even recycle items and clothing they cannot use to help protect the environment.
*What does Building Hope in the City do?
• Welcome refugees and immigrants
• Create safe, affordable housing
• Witness to God’s presence and power in the marketplace
• Activate churches and volunteers
• Bless our city with the talents of indigenous leaders
• Reconcile people to God and each other